Ten Things You Don't Know about Nancy...
1. I like to move around a lot. I’ve lived in five states (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Florida, Texas, and New Jersey), two continents (North America and Europe), two countries (the U.S. and England), and now a U.S. territory – Puerto Rico. I have no idea where I’ll end up next, and I love that!
2. I’ve been to Ireland six times – many times, when I lived in England, I would take a flight over just for the day. Of all the places I’ve traveled, it remains the most inspiring and closest to my heart.
3. The first time I met the love of my life, I went home and told my mother that I’d met the boy I was going to marry. Here we are, 17 years later, still together and living the dream!
4. I love dogs. I have two of my own – Brady, who is an 80-pound lab/German Shepherd lap dog, and Lucy, a 40-pound Catahoula Leopard mix with only three legs.
5. I wrote The Winter Laird during my husband’s first military assignment, back in 2003. Before submitting it to publishers and agents, I rewrote about 90% of it to remove the dated references.
6. I wrote An Enchanted Spring around my full-time day job and kids’ schedules – from 4am – 7am and 8pm – 12am almost every night for about six months. Every time a reader takes time to review this book, it reaffirms to me that it was worth every moment.
7. I got my first publishing contract through the Twitter #pitmad event. While that publisher eventually folded, I signed with an amazing literary agent and she signed me with my current house, Diversion Books.
8. Until recently, I worked as a technical writer for a major e-learning software company. I’d been there off-and-on since I was nineteen. I love technology and writing documentation for it.
9. I am a proud member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.
10. I rewrote An Enchanted Spring during the first round of edits with my publisher. I wasn’t in love with Aidan MacWilliam, and I struggled to find out who he really was. One night I had a dream, and I wrote about 20,000 words in a week. A week after that, I had an almost brand-new manuscript, and my editor didn’t even blink. She just did her thing, and that’s what you’ll have in your hands on May 24!
An Enchanted Spring
Mists of Fate #2
May 24, 2016
Nancy Scanlon continues the timebending saga she began with The Winter Laird, pulling heroes and villains alike through the portals of time to help save their futures and find their truest loves.
A time travel accident has left Aidan MacWilliam, younger brother of a medieval Irish laird, trapped in the future. Though he’s become a successful entrepreneur in the twenty-first century, Aidan still can’t banish thoughts of the world he left behind. In search of distraction, he heads to New York to scout a PR person for his cousin’s matchmaking firm, Celtic Connections.
Emmaline Perkins might be the perfect candidate. A PR expert and closet medievalist, Emma has always put work before her social life. When a breathtakingly handsome man who looks like he stepped straight out of the Middle Ages proposes business, she struggles to keep her professional and personal lives separate.
Then Emma's ex-fiancé resurfaces, threatening Emma’s livelihood, her home, and ultimately her safety. Aidan jumps to protect her and not just because she’s good for business. He feels a primal need to defend the alluring young woman. But the question is not where she'll be safe, but when.
Amazon - B&N - Google Play - iTunes - Kobo
Click HERE to see the first book in
the Mists of Fate series!
Born and raised near Boston, Massachusetts, Nancy Scanlon wrote her first romance novel at age 16, when she realized that fictional boyfriends were much easier to figure out than real ones. In the time since, she managed to earn a degree in English, obtain a graduate certificate in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and marry the man of her dreams (but she still holds tight to her fictional boyfriends).
Currently, she resides in Puerto Rico with her husband, two children, and two dogs. When not writing, Nancy spends her time reading, reviewing and blogging about romance novels, watching too much HGTV, and taking care of her family.
Thank you for hosting AN ENCHANTED SPRING today!ReplyDelete
Crystal, Tasty Book Tours