The Rule Maker
Series: The Rule Breakers #2
Author: Jennifer Blackwood
Publisher: Entangled Embrace
Release Date: January 16, 2016.
Source: Publisher for Review
Buy Links: Amazon - B&N - Google Play
Kobo - iBooks
Add to Goodreads
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Oh, my gosh. I fell hard for The Rule Maker from the moment I read the excerpt from the excerpt reveal earlier this month. It is written in dual first person perspective, which can sometimes be a bit choppy. That was not the case with this book. Jennifer's writing was so smooth it felt like the characters were telling their story rather than the author. I adore authors that are capable of putting their readers into the story like that with first person. The intimate moments between Zoey and Ryder were amazing! Not only were they sexy as hell, but the scenes were also very poetic and sensual. They are detailed, but also very sweet. It was a mixture that made me hoping for more. Yeah, I wanted more sexy time between them. I loved the banter and verbal foreplay that flowed back and forth. Okay, everything the characters did made me swoon.
This was my first book from Jennifer Blackwood and I can already tell that it will not be my last. Her writing was smooth and funny. She had me giggling and smiling for most of the book. I'm looking forward to seeing what she has planned for her readers in the future. Maybe Jason's book? *wink*
Jennifer Blackwood is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.