Seven Deadly Sins Tag
1. GREED What is your most expensive book? What is your least expensive book?
Most expensive would have to be my copy of Disneyland: Inside Story. I got it for my birthday many, many years ago from an uncle that took me to Disneyland when I was a kid. I don't know how much he paid for it, but since it is out of print, the prices on Amazon have gone up in the past couple of years. It is one of my most prized books. One of the features I love best about my Kindle is all of the free and inexpensive books that you can find on Amazon. In the year I've had my Kindle, I have downloaded quite a few books from new or self-published authors that were free on Amazon. I've found a lot of great authors/books that way. I also love my local library's bookstore. It is the bane of my personal library's existance. Long story... My least expensive books are from those two places.
2. WRATH—What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This is a difficult question, but I'd have to say Jane Austen. I love Pride & Prejudice and Emma, but I just can never get into her other marvelous novels. No matter how many times I've tried to read Persuasion and Sense & Sensibility, it never happens. Sad...
3. GLUTTONY—What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
4. SLOTH—What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
Victor Hugo - Les Miserables. I saw the musical in high school and really wanted to read the novel. I borrowed the book from the library several times over the course of two or three months and got about half way through the novel. I've wanted to try reading it again, but whenever I see how massive the novel is, I put it off until later.
5. PRIDE—What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
Jane Eyre... Maybe this is the reason why I devoured it over and over again. Who knows...
6. LUST—What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Male characters - I love alpha heros. Tall, dark, and dangerous. Yum.
Female characters (for the hell of it) - I tend to love books with a kick-ass female character. Yes, she has the alpha hero to protect her, but damn it, she can protect him instead.
7. ENVY—What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
I'd love to receive the new edition/cover of Les Miserables that has the young Cosette from the new movie on the cover.