The Bookacholic Tag
I saw this tag done by a couple make-up gurus on YouTube and thought it would make an interesting book tag. So, I changed up the questions a tiny bit and here you go...
1. Would you consider yourself a bookacholic?
Uh... Yeah? Aren't we all? I think the addition of my Kindle made the whole bookacholic condition worse. :)
2. How would you classify your book style?
For the most part, I enjoy books that have at least a tiny drop of romance. It can be a mystery/thriller where nothing sexual happens between the 2 main characters, but if there is a kiss...I'm happy as a clam. But if I were to pick a book style, then it would be a beach/summer romance book. The cute and quick books that I could finish in a day. (...and then kick myself for reading it so quick.)
3. What book store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?
It used to be Borders. I loved that place and I really miss it. Now it would be the "Friends of the Library" book that my local library has. OMG! Proceeds go to the library and I can never leave empty handed...
4. Where do you find the best book deals?
5. What author are you willing to splurge for?
Any of my 5 favorite authors: Rachel Gibson, Lisa Jackson, Iris Johansen, Tess Gerritsen, Alex Kava.
6. Do you have a go to book bag?
Now I do... I always use a bag I got from RWA when I'm buying more than 1 book.
7. What book/author your guilty pleasure?
Harlequin... Enough said.
8. What is one book you must have in your library?
Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. I love this book so much, I'm on my 2nd copy. I really should get a copy on my Kindle...
9. What is a book trend you hope never goes out of style?
Romance. It is already a trend that is often looked down upon by some readers. Sad...
11. Who is your author icon?
Wow. I'd have to say Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte because they paved the road for so many female authors. They are an inspiration for many authors and readers.