Love Between the Lines
November 8, 2016
Fall in love all over again with this adult coloring book featuring 45 hand-drawn illustrations inspired by romance novels from bestselling writers Colleen Hoover, Anna Todd, S.C. Stephens, Abbi Glines, K. Bromberg, Jodi Ellen Malpas and more. Sit back, grab your pens and markers, and get ready to explore Love Between the Lines.
In the pages of this book you will find:
- Designs to help you relax and reduce stress
- Hidden images and book quotes
- Each design printed on a separate page
- Elaborate drawings s as well as quickie pages for when you just have a few minutes to color
Illustrations inspired by the works of:
Anna Todd, Jodi Ellen Malpas, Colleen Hoover, S.C. Stephens, Abbi Glines, K. Bromberg, Claire Contreras, Jillian Dodd, Amy Harmon, Tiffany King, R.K. Lilley, Molly McAdams, Tara Sivec, Alessandra Torre, Mia Sheridan, J. Sterling, Katy Evans, Emma Chase, S.L. Jennings, K.A. Linde, Beth Ehemann, Tarryn Fisher, Karina Halle, Helena Hunting, Leisa Rayven, Madeline Sheehan, Harper Sloan, and K. A. Tucker.
A little known fact about me... I love coloring books. I've always been a crafty person, so it isn't at all surprising that I can't walk past a coloring book without checking it out. My collection is small... Well, it was small. For me, it is another form of relaxation, much like reading romance. When my love for romance collides with my love for coloring books, I am over the moon excited. Actually, I've been wanting to start a coloring book segment on my blog for a couple months now, so I'm even more excited to bring you this brand new coloring book from Forever, Love Between the Lines. While I haven't played with it that much (I've only finished one page so far), I love that the images in the book are inspired by various romances from the publisher. This is something that I've been wanting for so long! I will talk more about my thoughts on this book more in the future, but I want to share my first impressions.
- Designs: I love that there is a mix of more detailed pages and what the description calls quickies. If you are new to coloring books, the quickie pages are perfect for practice until you are ready to start. They are also a great way to test out different mediums. Color pencils are typically the preferred medium for coloring books, but with the types of designs that are in this book, you could very easily use markers or gel pens for a more glittery look.
- Paper Quality: The paper itself is very smooth so it soaks up markers and pens with ease. I've used both on my first page and I love the look. A tip, though... Make sure you put a thick piece of paper or a thin cardboard (a cut-up cereal box for example) under the page you are coloring because markers will bleed through. Gel pens will indent the paper, but it did not leave marks on the next page.
- Binding: Now this is something I'm pretty particular with. I tend to stay away from books that have designs that go into the binding. Even if you break the binding, I always feel that I'm never able to reach the very edge of the designs. What I love about Love Between the Lines is that while it looks like the designs go into the binding, they actually don't. If you press down on the spine while you're open to the page you are coloring, you'll see that there is about a quarter inch space between the edge of the design and the spine. Perfect!
Keep in mind that I've never reviewed a coloring book, so these are only my first impressions. However this is something I'd like to do more of in the future. I don't know if I'll ever show my completed pages. I'm so not an artist. I'm just a coloring book lover wanting to share the word. Overall, if you are a fan of coloring books and a lover of romance, Love Between the Lines is a must have. I'm in love with it and I can't wait to pick it up again later tonight.
Christina Collie is a twenty-eight-year-old Tennessee native who began doodling images inspired by her favorite books almost four years ago before launching Doodles by Christina. Since then she has doodled over 50 images and has sold prints around the globe. Outside of being a huge bookworm, she enjoys watching LSU football, playing with her dog Nola, and hanging out on her best friend's farm. This is her first coloring book.
Giveaway is not hosted by me. Please follow the guidelines set forth by the publisher.
Post a Comment