Hello friends! I have been looking forward to this week's topic from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer for weeks. And finally, it's time to talk about my favorite and least favorite things about blogging. I have a feeling this is going to feel like therapy...
What is your favorite part of blogging? Is there a least favorite part of blogging?
I don't know if you know this, but my blog turned 5 back in August. Although I've been blogging and reviewing for some time now, I still consider myself a baby blogger, mostly because I'm still learning the ins and outs of the blog world. I'm obviously not an expert and things can get pretty frustrating at times. Of course I enjoy blogging/reviewing, but when I'm dealing with one of those frustrating moments... Sigh...
Let's start with my favorite things.
- Working with authors, publicists, and publishers. I've been so blessed to meet and work with different authors and publicists over the years. I always learn something new about the publishing world and I'm amazed by the things they do. And I've gotten to work closely with some of my favorite publishers, which always makes me want to pinch myself. If I'm dreaming, don't wake me.
- Books. I'm not going to lie, getting books to review is pretty friggin' amazing. That's all.
- Freedom. I love that this blog is my space. I'm free to review what I want. I can talk about what I want. I obviously love romance and there's nobody here that can say I'm wrong.
Deep breaths... And my least favorite. Oy!
- Blog slumps. They SUCK! There are times when I can't be bothered. That ugly slump monster is back and he's blocking my path. This usually tends to happen more when I'm burnt out or heading that way.
- Deadlines. Hate them. Who doesn't? 'Nuff said.
- HTML/Coding. If I had known that one day I would be running my own blog and that HTML would come in handy, I totally would have paid more attention to that computer design class I took in college. Lesson learned and now I'm paying for it.
There you have it. Three of my favorite and least favorite things about blogging. What do you like about blogging? Anything you don't like? Let's chat!